Monday, November 16, 2009

Thrift stores: a day to decompress

I needed to decompress today so I went to two of my favorite thrift stores. I went looking for a nice trench coat, which I found, but not in my size. Instead I found a couple of pretty scarves, a pretty dress in pink and brown paisley, and a sweet navy blue cotton top with little white polka-dots. I also found a cute dress for my daughter, a ruffled blouse and a wool pullover sweater (this was a bad choice; it's likely to get little or no use but it was such a nice one!) Not sure why thrifting relaxes me but it does, with very little strain on my budget!

Word count: shamefully low. I haven't given up hope - yet. I agree with Andrea from A Cat of Impossible Colour: "the attempt is a win in itself." Still, my goal is to finish. I'm going to have to crush to get it done but I tend to perform under pressure of looming deadlines. If nothing else this has gotten me on a regular writing schedule and forced me to exercise my writing muscles which were in dire need of flexing (much like my actual muscles which are in dire need of a trip to the gym).

Posting my horrifyingly bad dialogue on a blog for all to see was like tearing off a bandage and showing my open wound! Ouch. Felt good to let it get some air though. It won't get better otherwise...

More thoughts and a word count update forthcoming. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment